ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mark fish springs

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Whats best setup for road and occasional track? Suspension, brakes, tyres etc

Trophy #276
I've got Mark Fish springs all round on mine, standard Sachs dampers up front with adjustable Koni dampers on the rear (along with the obligatory whiteline RARB, and PM solid top mounts & strut brace). Completely different car to standard setup, less roll, considerably more precise, better off throttle steering etc.

Haven't taken it on track yet, so can't make a proper comment. It is a little harsh as a daily mind.

225 Cup & Williams
Ive read that a lot of people like sachs on front but change the rears?

Popular to change the rears to Konis as they are slightly cheaper and adjustable. I had Koni rears fitted to mine also and found the rear quite skittish.

I don't understand why anyone would want to tamper with the suspension on these cars imo.

225 Cup & Williams
I'm only lookin to change springs as I have a broken 1 Stevo wat u got on the back of ur car now

Broke a front spring? I don't have my Trophy anymore sold it over a year ago.

Only reason I put Mark Fish springs and Koni rear dampers on mine was because both my front springs were snapped and the OE rear dampers were weeping slightly. Soon bought 2 new front springs from Renault and put it back to standard though.

Clio 182 trophy
Do u have a part number Steveo it's about 190.00 from renault but there sayin it's the same as a cup?? Also 1 rear is weeping :dapprove:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Part number for the Standard OE Springs are on them as below

TrophySpring-1.gif

Spring04.gif

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
If you buy from Renault try Adam from Renault parts Wolverhampton. Cheapest prices I've found

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
His name on here is 'left site' if you wish to PM him

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The Mark Fish springs are around £180 if i recall for the full set (fronts & backs) and worth IMO.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Yes standards shocks and dampers but thinking about rear Koni adjustables of Mark. I've just put a Quaiffe diff in as well.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I bought brand new front dampers last year and when I sold the old dampers they got sold as a package with the springs