ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mark fish springs.

Italian 3.2 V6
What's the crack with these?

Can anyone fill me in on them, price, ride quality, drop etc.

Worth it?

PSJ.

182 Trophy
I have them on my trophy. They seem very similar to standard but slightly stiffer and about 20-30mm lower. iirc they were around £475 for all four springs which is a bargain when a standard Trophy front spring is £180 each!!

ph1 track weapon
just a heads up to you guys,

the 'Mark Fish' springs have the same product code as Regular Eibach Sportlines, so they may not be quite as special as everyone thinks. Eibach did make a specific trophy spring that was better than the standard one, but i think its been discontinued now

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
^ The MF springs are uprated from the T ones they are plain black in colour the Eibach T springs are yellow

Big 'T'
Will Eibach sport lines fit on a trophy? I hear they won't. Also I hear the spring rate for the trophy spring is about 160fp does anyone know what the sportline is?...

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
just a heads up to you guys,

the 'Mark Fish' springs have the same product code as Regular Eibach Sportlines, so they may not be quite as special as everyone thinks. Eibach did make a specific trophy spring that was better than the standard one, but i think its been discontinued now

Lol, so the uprated MF springs are just expensive black sportlines?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Considering my group buy has just finished on Cliotrophy, a lot of people will be able to confirm exactly what springs have been delivered shortly.

Without wishing to sound harsh, Edewer is very good friends with Mr Wills, who is currently trying to peddle his own products on the Cliotrophy forum, having poo poo'd all the MF products recently.

;)

Big 'T'
^why wouldn't they?

It's just what I have been told, I have just taken the springs off my dampers as there in for a refurb and I need to get some new ones, and really stuck what to get... Eibachs off Reno, sportlines, mf or any others out there.

Sorry to bring the thread up again guys, just been Reading about it. Any advice is a big help tho

ph1 track weapon
dave - thanks for the input, but the company who ordered said product in for Mr Wills were the ones who commented on the product having the same code, not Matt himself, so i'm just going by what they said tbh

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
dave - thanks for the input, but the company who ordered said product in for Mr Wills were the ones who commented on the product having the same code, not Matt himself, so i'm just going by what they said tbh

Thats fair enough, but it sounds like they were simply looking at a set of Sportlines, which someone had possibly fitted to a Trophy (there are a couple of people running them 'for the lows') the MF springs are as follows, having just been delivered to a number of people on the Trophy forum:

As for source of springs, there are no Eibach markings on them and it's a painted finish whereas Eibachs are normally more like an epoxy type finish.

Personally, it sounds like MF is using Faulkner for his custom springs, they are painted, with a product code no. normally etched on the bottom of the lower coil.

Again though, without actually seeing a set, i wont be able to give a definitive answer :)

ph1 track weapon
they'd ordered a set of the 'mark fish' springs direct from eibach apparently, thats all i know.
without seeing a set of the ones in the group buy i wouldnt know if theyre the same?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
So whats the product code etched onto the MF 'uprated' springs dave?

Out interest whats the drop on them?