ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mapping ECU on the fly

1.6 16v clio priv
whats required to map the ecu on the fly. Besides skill with remapping, so no comments get a pro to do it please

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
I assume by on the fly you mean live? If so you need an eeprom emulator, soldering skills (44 pin surface mount chip inside), software to correct the checksumms in realtime and ALOT of skill/knowledge

Paul

1.6 16v clio priv
I am aware that a lot of skill is envolved. It is an area that interests me greatly. I would love to know if there is anywhere you can learn to do this professionally.

TDI tyre shreader
I assume by on the fly you mean live? If so you need an eeprom emulator, soldering skills (44 pin surface mount chip inside), software to correct the checksumms in realtime and ALOT of skill/knowledge

Paul

Paul does that mean that when you remap, you chip the ecu or do you rewrite the map held with the ecu?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

Paul

Paul does that mean that when you remap, you chip the ecu or do you rewrite the map held with the ecu?

The standard software is downloaded via the diagnostic, modified then uploaded back to the ECU. (basically)

Cheers

Paul