ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mapped Network Drive Doing Nothing, Windows 7.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hi, I've just setup a web disc on our website hosting and managed to get myself connected to it perfectly on windows xp.

I've just tried to setup the same thing on my bosses computer (windows 7) and got all the way to the end, for it to do nothing.

The drive shows in my computer, but double clicking it etc does nothing.

Any ideas? I'm not big on windows 7 (or anything after XP) lol!

Ta.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Technical People? This is really starting to bug me.

I have the drive visible, and can see all the folders within it but no files (only in the side bar navigation), I also managed to copy a file into a folder (via the sidebar).

I've just been back onto my machine and the file I copied is there, 100%. Despite being able to see it on my machine, I still can't see anything on my bosses machine.

Clio 182 Cup
This is a known issue with Windows 7 and as of yet there has been no official fix for it, but there are a couple of thing you can try.
Firstly use the full UNC path to the share, so disconnect the mapped drive and map it manualy. eg: \\SERVER\Share or \\IP ADDRESS\SHARE
Secondly:

This issue may be caused by the Automatic refresh folder. You may kindly refer to the following steps:
1. Open your Windows Explorer, and click organize.
2. Click Folder and search Option.
3. Under the General Tab, please check the box before “Automatically expand to current folder”.
If the issue persists, please try to disable the folder Index, please kindly refer to the following steps:
1. Click Start Menu, then type Offline files, then click Manager Offline Files in the search result.
2. Then check whether you enable offline files, if so, please disable it to have a try.

Third:
Run Disc Cleanup and checkmark the Thumbnails, this will result in forcing the computer to rebuild the database.

Let me know how you get on