ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Map Sensor

RB Clio 182
Just a quick one guys, my map sensor keeps almost popping out as the o rings are buggered!

Is it a new genuine, or are the ebay copies any good or are there any other recommended ones?

Cheers :)

RB Clio 182
new o rings??

Yea I think ill get some mate and fit them that's the cheapest option.

Its really easy to pop out too and ive had a couple of missfires under full boost and when ive had a quick look the sensor is almost hanging out.

Could this cause it to miss if its causing air leaks under boost?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yea I think ill get some mate and fit them that's the cheapest option.

Its really easy to pop out too and ive had a couple of missfires under full boost and when ive had a quick look the sensor is almost hanging out.

Could this cause it to miss if its causing air leaks under boost?
It will be as a consequence of turboing it. You could tap two holes either side of it and use a bit of metal and 2 bolts to secure the sensor in place.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
yes that's the proper way

or pikey way is to smear the o ring with 'no more nails' sealant type stuff and shove it back in,
I have 2 standards on motor vehicle maintenance
1, My clio and other people cars, I never bodge
2, My second car/shed duties is held together with no more nails, cable ties, duck tape and monumental levels of bodging.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member