ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Many issues regarding fitting a cup 172 on a Megane

Megane with Clio CUP 172
Guys, i'm facing several problems in my car so i will need additional help, the problems are as follows:

Since i got my cup 172 engine and fitted it in my Megane, i conected the wiring from engine to the inside but had to change several things such as everything attached to the steering wheel and the flashers switch and the rear glass resistance buttons in addition to trying to combine the rear lomp wiring from my megane to the clio wiring, th engine is runing no prblems with it but i'm getting the air bag light on when i start the car it goes off for 2 seconds and then on again, also i have the service engine light on and the ABS light on ( P.S. the ABS is connceted except for the sensors on the disk brakes), when i press on the Rear Glass resistance button it doesn't light on the dashboard but it is working, also standing still i'm not getting the temperature nor the fuel gauge to work but when i tried it on the road the Temperature gauge worked any clues what is going on and how to solve these problems.
and one more thing the fuel pump for the clio RS 172 cup how many wires does it have and does it come with a fuel pressure regulator and any ideas about the Megane 1.6 16V mod 2000 fuel pump cause mine is not the original one and does it have the same pressure and if you have pix
and one more thing about the speed sensor, i didn't buy the gear box yet does this have any effect on the llights on the dashboard and the car performanc over all
Thanks

Last edited:
  Megane with Clio CUP 172
when i'm done i will post some pix of the exterior and engine and sound system and the lambo doors and much much more, i think i might finish next week cause i'm getting the gear box wednesday and will try to reset the ECU and see what lights go off and i think the dashboard is rechargeable so as someone told me it will recharge when i'm rolling and the fuel / tempurature gauges will work, still remaining your advices about the first post and the fuel pump issue

Megane with Clio CUP 172
the cup 172 for the engine loom and the dashboard loom but the rear loom is still the Megane's and the ABS all the way is a cup 172 but the sensors on the disk barke are still megane's

I don't know how you've embedded the ABS and Cup wiring but that might be your issue since CUp dashboard doesn't see a ABS signal.

Megane with Clio CUP 172
r u sure cause the dahsboard has the abs light on and i got it of a clio sport 172, the clio sport i got it from is a Japanese car and here in lebanon they do have an ABS, maybe the UK version doesn't come with ABS but how come the light is on on your dash

r u sure cause the dahsboard has the abs light on and i got it of a clio sport 172, the clio sport i got it from is a Japanese car and here in lebanon they do have an ABS, maybe the UK version doesn't come with ABS but how come the light is on on your dash
The cup over here was a none ABS equipt car maybe you got a veraiant of the normal car.

Does your gearbox have a speedo output sesnor then?

Lionel Richie
mass manufacutured parts, they're not gonna make a different dash unit just for a car without abs

if its a 172cup uk car it doesn't have ABS, i don't think the worldwide car had it either

Megane with Clio CUP 172
i will photogarph the dashboard within the next couple of days and show it to u guys, mayb you might have an idea of how to turn this light of mayb u r right but the wiring existed on the donor's vehicle

Megane with Clio CUP 172
i saw the wreck of it i took the wiring of it myself with the help of my electrician and mechanic, it had the renault sport dashboard and seats and renault sport engine anyting else i should have noticed

Da

Less
If it had renaultsport seats then it's not a Cup. They had poverty-spec cloth seats (same as Dynamique i believe). Also what colour was the car?

Megane with Clio CUP 172
i didn't know about the spendo sensor until i read it here i saw a wire did know what is it for i can not guarantee that it is for the speedo sensor i didn't get the gearbox yet but it is going towards the gearbox

Megane with Clio CUP 172
thanks for the clarification then i have an RS 172 in my car not a cup 172 my bad, will it now help out in the issues i'm facing (fingers crossed)

Last edited: