ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manually Tuning in a radio station

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi There,

I have brought an FM transmittor for my car, but am not sure how to tune the radio, to a station that is free. I have a Tuner list cd player, and can't find the manuals anywhere!!!

Cheers

Holly

None
You usually hold the power button down for a few seconds to turn it on so hold down a button at the time to turn it on - its usually the same button again to turn it off again. When its on it should display the frequency its broadcasting on. Press one of the buttons and you should see the frequency it is on. Connect to the audio source and make sure the volume is not very high incase it over modulates. Then it should be on. Just make sure you cant hear any strong stations in your car on the frequency you do not wish to use :)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Thanks for that, But I still can't tune in my radio to a clear station, i only get my presets, or it automatically tunes to a station with a clear signal????

Holly

BMW M135i
If you repeatadly press the tuner button on the radio you'll see the radio mode changing on the display. It'll go through (iirc) tuner preset, tuner list and tuner manual, you want it on manual and you should then be able to tune it to whatever you want.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Ah right, the "Transmitter" fooled me, missed that bit.

The round button on the left has the + &- for volume and also < & > for tuning.. Hold the > for a couple of seconds to change from scan tuning to manual tuning.

When you find a station you want to store, press and hold a button 1 - 6 till it beeps, then its stored.
Alternatively press and hold the top left hand button marked mss untill the display starts to scroll and it will find the 6 strongest stations and store them randomly on buttons 1 - 6.

clio
If you repeatadly press the tuner button on the radio you'll see the radio mode changing on the display. It'll go through (iirc) tuner preset, tuner list and tuner manual, you want it on manual and you should then be able to tune it to whatever .