ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

manifold wont come off?

PB 172 phase 2
Hi all, tried to change spark plugs today but only got as far as trying to remove inlet manifold. It looks like the previous owner broke the top off the centre bolt at the front of the inlet manifold or is it a pin of some kind? the attached pictures show the hole and what I think is a bolt thread sitting inside about 2-3mm below being flush with surface? please help.

Attachments

• IMG_0519.JPG
    IMG_0519.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0520.JPG
    IMG_0520.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    824 KB · Views: 43

Dan.AS

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 & Mk2 GTE 16v
That's just a locating pin mate. There should be 7 bolts in total to remove. 5 at the front and 2 at the back, 1 either side of where the coil pack sits.

PB 172 phase 2
Hi. a locating pin you say... I was hoping it was a pin of some kind. so does it lift off that pin? does it need help to do that? Can I push the pin through?

Dan.AS

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 & Mk2 GTE 16v
What he said ^^ undo all the bolts and anything else that's attached to it like pipes and plugs etc and it lifts right off.