ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manifold leak 1.2 16v

Recaro'd 182
I have a clio 1.2 16v extreme. It sounds like the inlet manifold is cracked and letting air in. I have tried to feel for the suction but can't find it.

The inlet manifolds on the clio are plastic so it could be one of the plastic welds? anyone else had problems with the inlet manifolds or history of them cracking.

I will try remove it tomorrow to look for the crack.

M

mini-valver

I'd put money on it being the MAP sensor cracked!

Is it just idling mega high?

Spray carb cleaner over it too, if you do have an iair leak, it'll rev like a ho. Then you can start to pin point it.

Recaro'd 182
ahh thanks ill look at that. It isnt idling high. You can just hear it from the engine bay sounds like a wosh of air going in.

M

mini-valver

If you have an air leak, It'll rev up all the time on its own and idle a LOT higher.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
Normal induction noise, nothing to worry about. As said, if you had a leak the engine would be revving quite a lot higher.