ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manifold cleaning...?

Golf GTD Mk7
that stuff is ok mate. Autosol also. No amount of polish will make the mani look better though mate. It's too rough really. Wire brushing it might be good prior to polishing.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I really wouldn't bother or do to mean the plenhum rather than the manifold?

Not done the manifold but I did my fuel guard.

Wire brushed all the crud off there first (£1ish from halfords) then used autosol polish. Works wonders.

Seat Ibiza
found some autosol for £2.95 delivered on ebay last week, gimme a shout if you want a link ;)

Yeah please buddy!!!

And I dont know if thats what you call it, the 4 branch inlet you see when you pop the bonnet??
Ive seen a few guys do it on here and it looks good :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yeah that the inlet plenhum and fuel rail guard.

To get it smooth and polished you will need a machine or many many man hours but obviously you can scrub it up clean and polish up the Renault sport lettering.

172DD Cup
lots of people wondering about the inlet plenum/manifold/intake/runners/etc and the correct name for it. i've just been reading about them and this is what i've found:

the inlet plenum and inlet manifold are the same part on the clio. the plenum is the rectangular box part with the renaultsport writing on it. the manifold (or intake) are the four runners that connect the plenum to the cylinder head. so it's both the plenum and the manifold :)
plus you also have the lower intake manifold which is purely just a manifold.

:butt:

Seat Ibiza
I had a feeling it would take some man hours...i am a bit sad tbf!!
And plus working 4 on 4 off, my 4 days off every week can get a bit tedious :)
I dont know if i want to polish the renault sport lettering or paint it?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
There was a thread in Clio Media showing off engine bays... It may be worth a look for some inspiration.