ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Malware

Cup In bits
Hello folks

I am no computer whiz so keep answer's simple please if there is a solution.

I am currently on my work's computer using cliosport, I just tryd to log in through google chrome which is what I usually use but it is coming up with a Malware error (google window) and I am now using internet explorer.

Is there anything I can do so that I can use chrome again as I much prefer it.

Morgan

ITB BG 182
Avast, go on to their web site, down load their free application, install, run, job done. Or well, should be.

dci1.5 look RS
Avast, go on to their web site, down load their free application, install, run, job done. Or well, should be.

avast is so commercial that i don't recommend, and btw, it is not any good at detecting malware..

malwarebytes its great!

Cup In bits
I havent tried to download anything yet, but I will when I get a chance tomorrow.

Being a Schlumberger works comp, they are paranoid about security and won't let me download most things. Is there anything I can do to the settings of chrome etc?

ITB BG 182
Your best bet is to unintsall chrome, download a malware scanner, erase the problem and reinstall chrome.

Unless you know what the malware is, there are removal information pages that will take you through the regedit index on how to get rid of the problem.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
As it's a work computer you probably shouldn't be installing anything anyway ;)

If you can, uninstall Chrome and then get Portable Chrome !! It doesn't install so you can just delete the folder and 'boom' you're clear...

Cup In bits
Thank's for all the help, having woken up this morning, signed on through chrome and straight in :) . Feck nose what was up?