ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

making my own speedline 2118 center caps

clio 182
Hi, i bought some original speedline 2118s a wile ago that had come off a rally car and they wer trashed, gave them to a local wheel refurber who is unbelievable and they came back like new. obviously they didnt have any center caps and i couldnt find any online realy so i had ago at making my own. i think they came out pretty good. hope you like them, they took some effort ha. cheers

made them from solid nylon
turnt them on the lathe
primered them
top coated them
bought some Renault sport stickers
then laquard over the top to seal the sticker and protect it all.

SQ5
Would of looked awesome with just the Renault Diamond.

All the writing and the yellow is a little too much.

clio 182
i quite like them without aswell but ther getting rusty so i wanted to try and cover it. ive tried making some others but i havnt finished them yet with just the diamond so il see what looks best when ther done.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
i quite like them without aswell but ther getting rusty so i wanted to try and cover it. ive tried making some others but i havnt finished them yet with just the diamond so il see what looks best when ther done.
Like these!

clio 182
i made a mold of an original Renault star then filled it with resin, ive got a pic of them just sat in the gap before the wheels were refurbed to get an idea of what they would look like, il put it up. i think they look fairly good, ino people say they are good without and i agree but no harm in experimenting :)

RS172 Flamer
Would of looked awesome with just the Renault Diamond.

All the writing and the yellow is a little too much.

+1

Ph1 Oz F1/Ph2 Turini Style - Much better with just the diamond

clio 182
cheers for all the feedback, the cars in the garage atm so il c what they look
like when i get it back and il try and finish off the diamond ones soon