ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Major windows problem.

My computer is now telling me that my copy of wiindows is not genuine, i have a small task bar icon saying i can buy a genuine product if i click on it, and it takes me to the microsoft website.

I thought i did have a genuine copy as my computer broke while i was on holiday so my mum got her friends husband who is a computer technician to come and sort it, basically it was a corrupt HD and he wiped it and reinstalled everything.

Will he be liable for any damages or for buying us a new windows key as he gave us a dodgy copy when i know we had a genuine copy from standard.

And any other help/advice will be welcome.

Cheers
Greg.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=160167

WGA_Notification.jpg

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
If you still have you key code then you can just change it. Sometimes on a sticker on the pc or with your documentation.

MikeDX said:
This is very easy to fix and you dont have to get those muppet f**kwits at Pissy World involved.

Go to RUN from the start menu and type %WINDIR%/SYSTEM32 then hit return

there will be a file in there called WGALOGON.DLL - rename this to WGALOGON.OLD.DLL

there will also be another file called WGATRAY.EXE - rename this to WGATRAY.OLD.EXE

now reboot

no more notification!

Hehhe, cheers Mike, you're the man.