ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Major service as well as cam time?

Clio 182
As in title, my belts are due and I was thinking about maybe getting it cammed at the same time... Not too sure on the price all in though, maybe 1k? And will be getting like 190-195bhp? Looks like 438's are the way to go with standard ECU? I'm not too sure it's just a thought...

Any advice appreciated..

Hate to break it to you, but you're talking £1500 and that's ONLY for the bare essentials. Cams are best part of £400-£700 depending on spec & mapping is the best part of £200-£300.

If it really needs a "major service" too (I don't know what your idea is of this) then cams on top then that could be one almighty invoice.

Clio 182
Hate to break it to you, but you're talking £1500 and that's ONLY for the bare essentials. Cams are best part of £400-£700 depending on spec & mapping is the best part of £200-£300.

If it really needs a "major service" too (I don't know what your idea is of this) then cams on top then that could be one almighty invoice.

It was just a thought, all the belts really. I think i'll just stick to getting all the belts done and not bother then.

A more noticeable way to spend the extra £400 might be checking the tracking, doing the track rod ends if applicable, new brake fluid, new tyres etc. Or indeed just 2500 miles of petrol :)