ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Major power steering fluid leak now can't move wheel!

172 cup
The Clio as a massive power steering fluid leak so I've left it parked outside my house for the past 2 - 3 weeks ! It had some in when i parked it but it's leaked on the road! Came to move it today and it's almost impossible to move the wheel! So what I'm asking is , if i put oil in it will it be fine once it's circulated around the system or has the system cized ( may be spelt wrong) and I'm now fucked!
Cheers

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
My pump exploded on track last week.

Sounds like yours is just leaking from where the pipe goes into the rack.

You should be alright with topping it up and turning the wheel from lock to lock to bleed it through.

172 cup
What am I looking at if it has seazed ? Price wise ect ECT! Cheers pal

It's leaking from under the altanator I've just no cash to get it fixed at the mo

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
What am I looking at if it has seazed ? Price wise ect ECT! Cheers pal

It's leaking from under the altanator I've just no cash to get it fixed at the mo

If the pump is knackered, then you can either get a 2nd hand one or new.

If you're not in a rush, just do as Matt says and go epas. I needed the car asap so went for a brand new pump plus aux belt kit. £400 :anguished:

172 cup
Ok cheers guys! Gonna get some oil.into it tomoz and hope that there's no permanent damage with it being stud with no oil I couldn't Evan move the wheel

Listerine & Poledo
When I had this (not a clio, but hey), it was the rack.
All the fluid pissed out one drive home, AA came out, filled it with the wrong juice, came out the next day to drain and refill....not a problem, it had already drained itself via the knackered rack.
Bang some fluid in, and have a short drive around locally.