ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Main difference between 172 phase 1 and phase 2?

172 Mk2 Ph1
Just bought a cliosport 172, x reg 200, with 46K on it, nearly got a 182 sport 6 months ago, but needed a cheaper second car. I am assuming it is a MK2 phase 1 at that age. What does the phase 2 have over this one? Ive been doing some research but have struggled to find a competent comparison. Its great to drive.

Also own a Smart Roadster Bluewave coupe which has been tinkered with so that my main fun handling car but the clios not far of and better in the overall performance dept... just!

Any help would be appreciated as I pick it up this Saturday.

Any niggles I should watch out for, it's being MOT'd and serviced this week, so I have a clear year of relatively little hasstle and a 3 month warantee with the dealer.

Alex

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The phase 1 is an ugly lookin' fcuker , looks wise the mk2 172's and 182's are hell of alot better :rasp:

Or a sensible answer...

Over and above the obvious internal and external styling changes. Phase 2s have full climate aircon, xenon lights, autowipers, auto lights, 16" wheels, revised chassis, revised gear ratios, cruise control ESP (not on some early (pre mid 2002) 172s but on all 182s) FBW throttle... probably other things i cant remember but you get the idea.

172 Mk2 Ph1
So the usual bits then, esp will be missed... not! Found a phase 2 but it had 80K on it and was 2k more!, and 3 previous owners, this ones had one owner and averaged 8k per year, still got A/C so thats ok, faster, good, like it. Booked at 6.8 s 0-62 is that about right or is it diff in real life?

Wanna get trackline 16 inchers.

Thanks guys.

Nothing between them performance wise. You get good and bad examples and there seems to be a wide range of BHP's recorded when 172s and 182s are put on the rollers so it really is down to the individual car.

Phase 1 - Nice front end, girly back end.
Phase 2 - Girly front end, nice back end.

Mix the two together :D

C

Cupster

phase 1's have a minging dash and steering wheel. Lookwise I prefer the ph2.