ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MagnexMongoosePowerflowetc, etc. What’s best

I appreciate that people may be biased but what is the best exhaust system for a valver to produce maximum gains in torque/bhp?

Also, what are the benfits of fitting a cat bypass or a new cat?

Can you fit a cat bypass if your car (say 1995 valver) has a cat on it? Does this balls up its MOT?

Cheers fellow members!

Pete

I have a Full Mongoose with de-cat. I will be honest and its been none stop problems for the 3 weeks its been on. Im not sure if thats down to the exhaust or the people that fit it though. Hopefully I will have it sorted this weekend.

Power gains arent noticable but the sound is nice

1992 cars onwards require a Cat.

BMW 320d Sport

Magnex cat back system and decat pipe. Top quality, nice rumble but not too loud, with a bit of a clean up it would be as good now as it was the day I fitted it.

Gives a bit more power once youve done a few other mods.

Mongoose cat-back: perfect in every respect after one year of ownership. And the power was noticeable too.

Trophy

Pete,

Ive got a magnex full system inc de-cat and it was fine once i got over the inital fitting probs, the extra hanger that is on the cat replacement was upsidedown and the next one they sent me still didnt fit properly but was ok after i bent the hanger down a bit.

Mat.

Pete, Nick Hill fitted it the first time but had loads of trouble. My local exhaust centre in Birmingham have now sorted the problem (for now anyway)

Dave

I have been eyeing up a mongoose with decat for a while, but gone to get a new MOT first (July I think - Hell better check) so can run about polluting more for a year, Think it will be a pain in arse putting cat back on for MOT each year, hence my reasoning, anybody know a way around other than a backhander to mr tester.

Alex M