ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

machining alloys to change offset

RB 182 cup
right im goign to pick up some turnini's 2mo, only thing is the off set is et 35.
now i know my cup standard offset is et42, am currently running some 15'' turbines with a et of 36 and the do scrub very slightly on biggggg bumps so was thinking is there any problem in me machining the mounting face of the wheels say 5mm to bring the offset into within my range

now my car is quite low and im not too sure if there gunna be ok any? wit the et 35, will be fitting 195 45 16's instead of 205's

anyone know if they will clear?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Is machining them safe? I've not heard of this being done before!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I personally can't see a problem with machining them. It depends on how they achieve the different offsets in the first place?

Edit: Damn, Fred was there first.

We tried to do it at uni and we couldn't get the wheel in the lathe ( think that's what its called). Could prob do it in a C n C machine?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
that's surprised me tbh. what sort of place would do that, engineering shop?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Unfortunately I have no idea, we just talked the technicians at uni into trying, but like I said it didn't fit, plus we were trying something different!

RB 182 cup
we have a machine shop at work with both a lathe and cnc machine so im sure they can do it. will take a look tomorrow when i get the wheels to see how much material there is there to take off. ill tak pics lol