ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Machined Alumnium Iphone5

riz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  Jaguar XFR
If you can change your first two photos and remove the Mickey Mouse bottle it may make the ad a bit better.

If it appeared like It was some geek/chic/urban/cool designer it would sell for a lot more.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  Jaguar XFR
Its a seriously good product let down by a poor photo.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  clio 182
best I can do with photos sorry

as was said in the other thread selling more many attract the wrong attention from apple

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  clio 182
roll on the silly questions
(check the auction if you want to know what im on about)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio
I've been impressed with your work but you've done a s**t job of advertising that tbh.

Hope you make some good coin though. Maybe think about doing one a month, keep below the radar. Put a few threads up on forums of what you have made. Keep it low volume and I imagine the price will do well as people want one.

I think you enjoy making more than actually thinking you could make some money to buy some new kit with what you could earn.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  clio 182
lol thanks and yeah I know my auction is poo. im an engineer in my day job and when I get home so...

next I was planning to make a fancy ally foot rest for the 182, once done maybe someone on here would buy it?

you are very right, I love machining on the cnc. trying to sell it and make money isn't what I do it for. you can beam starting with a shitty lump of metal and turning it into something very cool

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio
Honestly mate, what you have done there is not only good engineering it is creative.

Speak to a mate, your Mrs (or even the one drinking from the mickey mouse bottle) about how to sell it better.

Don't think of it as making money, think of it as new drills or whatever you call the things.

Or, if you just want to make things and not worried about making cash, PM me.

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
Very good. . Maybe offer to make items of a certain weight and have customers commission their ideas

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  clio 182
Did you polish this in the end. Fromyounoriginal thread it looked a bit rough.

i used wet n dry on it and have gone over it again since those photos.

trouble is with bare untreated metal one finger print marks it forever. oils in skin react with bare metal

mace
Honestly mate, what you have done there is not only good engineering it is creative.​

dont make me blush!

Speak to a mate, your Mrs (or even the one drinking from the mickey mouse bottle) about how to sell it better.

ok im back down to earth ;)

so give me some tips then?

Don't think of it as making money, think of it as new drills or whatever you call the things.

id like a vacuum table

Or, if you just want to make things and not worried about making cash, PM me.

thanks for the offer ;)

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Looks very cool!

But surely Apple will not be happy unless you asked for to copy there product? (Although not a working one)

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
  SQ5
I think you should write that it isn't a working phone and that it is not endorsed by Apple.

You'll get someone try it on I imagine

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  clio 182
5 mins after the auction ended the winning bidder messaged me to say he didn't want it.

ive offered it to the second highest but no reply, so looks like its unsold

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
same, its really pissed me off.

so ill be opening a case and leaving bad feedback

Unfortunately you can't neg a buyer, as annoying as it is they only let buyers neg/neutral sellers, sellers only have one option, positive.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
Yeah you'll need to do that to get your fees back. Tbh I've had idiots like this before, then put the item back on and it's made more next time, don't give up.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
I've been selling on eBay since 2004 and I don't remember a second bidder ever once accepting the offer, I don't get it.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  clio 182
Yeah I've been on eBay for like ten years and as you say very rare second bidders accept. Odd