ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Macbook Pro Users / Guru's & Geeks

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im alittle puzzled at the moment as im sure i have done something and i dont know how to fix it.

I have a Music folder which is all good, Before when i wanted to listen to a track quickly i would click once on the track and it would start playing.
This is where the small play logo would show on the icon and the track time circle round the icon.

For some reason this has stopped and now i need to double click the track and it opens in iTunes which is a pain as there is alot of stuff thats not on my iTunes and i don't want it on either.

As said above im almost 100% sure that i have changed something or done something but i have no idea what, Can anyone point me in the correct direction and help me out with this ?

LY R26
It's just a single click inside the music tracks icon to just play it in "no application" as far as I'm aware, atleast it was for me when I had my MBP.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
It's just a single click inside the music tracks icon to just play it in "no application" as far as I'm aware, atleast it was for me when I had my MBP.

This is what i used to do mate, One click and it would play.

Now when i click it it only highlights the icon.

​Im sure i have changed something but i have no idea what

I don't use macs so I can't try this myself so my help is limited. Anyway try a right click inside your folder then go on 'show view options'. If there's nothing on there then go on finder on the menu then help as it should be well documented in there. Sorry I can't be of more help but I'm a windows guy and haven't used a mac in a year or so.

Hopefully these pointers will help a little

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Opens fine this way on the desktop as seen in the picture but wont open like this in any folders

xofnk5.png

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried relaunching finder?

Apple logo in the top left - force quit - finder - relaunch.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Just closed everything down, Cleaned all recent items and relaunched finder, Then restarted the macbook but yet still nothing.
As i say something has to have been changed and i must have done something while messing about.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried right clicking in the white space on finder, select view options and is show icon preview selected?

The thing is, it normally changes the icon if you do this so doubt it is the issue.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Checked all of that and as you say it takes away the icon preview but this has not fixed my issue.
Going to head over to the apple support website and see if they can help

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You need to increase the size of your icons!

View-Show Status Bar

Then there is a slider at the bottom to increase size.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
You are a legend !!!!

Thank you so much as this has solved the problem LOL

I knew it was something stupid