ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook Pro constantly dropping wifi

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Had this ever since i bought it 2 weeks ago, been using a samsung netbook prior to the mac for a few years with no probs with the wifi, but now it just seems to drop every 5-10 mins. Its a netgear/sky router that I've got. Ive changed the router channel, the mode to .g and changed the location on the mac from automatic but its made no difference. Anyone any ideas?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
What is the make and model of your router and what settings do you have it on currently? Are you using WPA2 etc?

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
my iphone4 has just started doing this...

settings>airplane mode on> then off..... sorted... fricking anoying

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Get a wifi checker on your phone, there's plenty of free apps.

See if there's a few networks on the same channel, and adjust to a free zone.

If that's not it, try removing all security off the router (it will be perfectly safe for a while) and see if that sticks. If it does, then the security settings are the issue...

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Is it running the 1.03.23 firmware?

Are you trying to use G only? I would advise you use G & B mode.

Yea, reading some apple forums it said to change from b&g to just g. Will see how it goes, staying at the mrs's this week so will see what it's like with her bt home hub, will know if it's the router or the MacBook then :)