ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mac Log In Help

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Mac gurus. I have an annoying issue with my iMac. When I switch it on, it loads up bringing me to the "pick your profile" screen. I have 2 profiles, 1 for me (Martin) and a guest one. How do I get rid of the guest one? I've tried going into users but it wont let me delete it.

Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Now Sold :-(
Quick search and got this. Not tested by me so at your own risk.

We’re going to highly recommend keeping the Guest User Safari account enabled so that if you happen to lose your Mac, or if it’s stolen, it could easily be tracked down. Nonetheless, here’s how to turn this off if you don’t need it for some reason.[h=2]How to disable that “Guest User” from appearing at the OS X 10.7.2 login screen[/h]
  • Open System Preferences
  • Click on “Security & Privacy”
  • Click the lock in the lower corner and type in your administrative password to unlock the control panel
  • Check the box next to “Disable restarting to Safari when screen is locked”
This prevents the Guest User account from being visible at the login screen both during reboot and at the login screen. Again, it’s highly recommended to keep this enabled for security purposes, but if your Mac is locked down with a security cable or you don’t have any use for Find My Mac, you could disable this and not feel too bad about it.

Open that same screen called Users & Groups, at the bottom of the box of users (Martin and then Guest User) there is "Login Options", click that and then click the big padlock underneath and type in your password. Change Automatic Login to Martin and you should be good to go. The Guest account will still be there but you won't be made aware of it. Im using Mountain Lion at the moment so it may differ slightly if using Lion etc.

Could you just not turn off the log in screen? - you don't really need it if it's just you. Or do you?

edit: yeah, that ^

Last edited:

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Done your suggestion Mark and it seemed to do the trick.

Cheers