ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M6 v's New 997 Turbo.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
TBF, turbo was never on terms from the start anyway.

Would be a different outcome from a dig as well I reckon.

M6 is a beast, got slaughtered by one in the RS4 a while back. Want a re-match when the RS6 is here though, I'll show who's boss man then.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
He got the jump dubai,but then he had a whole mile to try and make it up and was left wanting.tbh

Golf GTD Mk7
quite supprising i guess, but i'm sure a proper standing start it would be different. In a race the porche would abuse the m6. Did you never see topgear when they raced the m6, v8 vantage and porche carrera S (so not a turbo). Porche won by a mile. Rolling starts don't prove anything really. Plus the m6 has around the same power.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
He got the jump dubai,but then he had a whole mile to try and make it up and was left wanting.tbh

Not disagreeing, simply saying that even when rolling in, porka wasn't level.

Be interesting to see from a dig though, similar 1/4 times I think?

Nippy white cup
quite supprising i guess, but i'm sure a proper standing start it would be different. In a race the porche would abuse the m6. Did you never see topgear when they raced the m6, v8 vantage and porche carrera S (so not a turbo). Porche won by a mile. Rolling starts don't prove anything really. Plus the m6 has around the same power.

I see it the opposite tbh m8....rolling starts are all I really have race wise. Very rarely have a traffic light GP but just a roll on a Dual carriageway up to reasonable speeds....

Chris

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
9848-2006-BMW-M6.jpg

VS
Picture6649.jpg

My bosses turbo.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
White is so tacky! I like both. Would prob have the turbo. But it's also about 60k more at the current times!

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
TBF, turbo was never on terms from the start anyway.

Would be a different outcome from a dig as well I reckon.

M6 is a beast, got slaughtered by one in the RS4 a while back. Want a re-match when the RS6 is here though, I'll show who's boss man then.

Had any interesting races in your GT-R yet ?

Golf GTD Mk7
I see it the opposite tbh m8....rolling starts are all I really have race wise. Very rarely have a traffic light GP but just a roll on a Dual carriageway up to reasonable speeds....

Chris

I see your point chris, but i still think from a standing start the porche would win. Round a track will be a completely different story. Fare enough, on the road is will match them which is slightly suprising.

Ibiswhite Audi S3 8P
They had a side to side acceleration test of both on drivers republic and the porsche was faster from the start. But once rolling the M6 took over.

Btw: Does anyone else have problems getting on their site?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R

Something up with the electronics, keeps throwing weird codes and going into limp mode...

Getting it back for the 4th time some time next week...thinking of chopping it in for a 997 Turbo and wait for the GT3 RS.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My boss turned down a gtr in favour of his 997 Dubai.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Something up with the electronics, keeps throwing weird codes and going into limp mode...

Getting it back for the 4th time some time next week...thinking of chopping it in for a 997 Turbo and wait for the GT3 RS.

Stop drivin it like a ned then!!!

M6 faster once rolling, 997 turbo has a massive traction advantage from standstill, both have their strengths. Depends on the situation.

Drivers republic have a good test up at the mo with accel copmparison video, M6 won 2/3 rolling drags and against the clock was 2.6 secs or something faster than the 911 between 60 - 150mph iirc