ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

/// M3

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
So wish they did a touring version.

Very nice. Was there many things changed/improved from the early 08 cars to the later cars?

2008 - Introduced DCT semi automatic box
2009 - CIC idrive (much easier to control with a larger HD screen)
2010 - LED rear lights
2011 - Combox added (Bluetooth music streaming, apps, internet on the move)

In 2009 they also changed the front grill, cup holders, start button and a coupe of other smaller things.

Mine is a 09 and has got everything apart from the Combox.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
So I'm looking to get some new alloys as the current ones have a few marks. I have the choice of either a new set of the current ones for £800 or a set of competition alloys for ~£1500. What do you think? Pic below of competition wheels.

a6c81136b57a308c1425d7e8c3372449_zps9162d5bb.jpg

Z4
They don't suit it IMO. Standard Fo' Sho.

Just looks a bit strange.

Nah, it's the US indicators in the bumper that make it look weird.

The competition wheels are OEM and in bright silver they do look nice, much better than the current efforts that actually let the car down a little!

Ps - you used a terrible photo to show off the competition rims lol.

So I'm looking to get some new alloys as the current ones have a few marks. I have the choice of either a new set of the current ones for £800 or a set of competition alloys for ~£1500. What do you think? Pic below of competition wheels.

a6c81136b57a308c1425d7e8c3372449_zps9162d5bb.jpg

^ I vote these.

I have reps on mine.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
haha safe to say that people prefer the comps.

my poor bank balance.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
2008 - Introduced DCT semi automatic box
2009 - CIC idrive (much easier to control with a larger HD screen)
2010 - LED rear lights
2011 - Combox added (Bluetooth music streaming, apps, internet on the move)

In 2009 they also changed the front grill, cup holders, start button and a coupe of other smaller things.

Mine is a 09 and has got everything apart from the Combox.

Thanks for that, no real dynamic changes though, gues its a case of don't fix what isn't broken.

Must have been some good deals on the last of the e92's.

oh and yes comps without question

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
competition wheels definitely ali's looks great on them

E92 M3
Lovely car mate. I have had mine about 6 weeks now and love it. I went for the manual though. I am also tempted by some competition wheels, before I got mine I wanted to get black grills and black wheels but now I am not so sure!

Here is mine :) Absolutely love the sound it makes, don't think it needs to be any louder!

2014-08-03144756.jpg

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
There's a nice Monte Carlo just come up for sale near me... Going to view it in morning

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
There's a nice Monte Carlo just come up for sale near me... Going to view it in morning

Make sure it has EDC and an upgraded sound package (should have a tweeter in the a pillar or even better it will say Harmon Kardon on the tweeter cover)

without these they can be difficult to sell.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Nice one thanks...
Has EDC and says BMW individual audio system

does the dct blip on downshifts?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Nice one thanks...
Has EDC and says BMW individual audio system

does the dct blip on downshifts?

oooft the Individual Audio is apparently very good. Sometimes dealers get confused with it though, if it is individual audio it should have silver speaker surrounds.

yep, it will blip on downshifts. The DCT is a masterpiece.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
So a bit of false advertising?? Will pull him up on that then... How do you know, am guessing from the inside pic where you can see a door speaker?