ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M3 CSL...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Guy I know didnt buy one, he sold one! Yes, crazy I know considering the amount of guys buying them at the moment. Three on here now, and only 422 made! lol.

Anyway, it was sold on Ebay.

dsc0062id5.jpg

The replacement :

Jeep cherokee SRT8. 6.1 Hemi engine, with Bilstein suspension and Brembo brakes. 425bhp, 0-60mph 4.8s.

hemi1vy9.jpg

hemi3hq8.jpg

In fairness, he's had more than enough M3's and Beemers now. A P1, WR1, and then the CSL.

A few comments on the CSL after the sale :

Dont ever buy a csl chaps, shockingly bad gear box, smg sucks ass

The csl is jerky in all but track attack mode, you just cant live with it day to day, the smg is crude and a pain in the arse.

Dont worry, I tried everything and after 3 weeks of dissapointment in the gear box, that was it, I tried every single mode and combination, and it just not float my boat, its an otherwise fast and awesome car.

CSL is ideally a track car, it is really annoying round town, you can turn down the gear change ferocity to say S3 but still its annoying and its very hard to make smooth changes on the paddles at low speeds.

And of course it flips the revs up and down with every change, your rolling upto a round about change down a gear and it revs up to 4k and everyone looks at you like your an idiot

No arguing though, once you turn the traction off and turn it upto S6 it absolutley flies and comes alive like nothing else.

Im loving the truck though

:eek:

You wouldnt argue with the guy though, he's built like a brick wall! :cool:

Jeep is f**king ugly as sin though and thats the best picture i've seen of it.... Props to the power in it though lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I quite like it TBH.

I reckon that Jeep will turn more heads than the M3 CSL.

Turbos.
I am safe on the interweb forum, your mate is a pussy! ;)

The Jeep is for Division One footballers, no class baby, no class!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Guy I know didnt buy one, he sold one! Yes, crazy I know considering the amount of guys buying them at the moment. Three on here now, and only 422 made! lol.

Anyway, it was sold on Ebay.

dsc0062id5.jpg

The replacement :

Jeep cherokee SRT8. 6.1 Hemi engine, with Bilstein suspension and Brembo brakes. 425bhp, 0-60mph 4.8s.

hemi1vy9.jpg

hemi3hq8.jpg

In fairness, he's had more than enough M3's and Beemers now. A P1, WR1, and then the CSL.

A few comments on the CSL after the sale :

The csl is jerky in all but track attack mode, you just cant live with it day to day, the smg is crude and a pain in the arse.

Dont worry, I tried everything and after 3 weeks of dissapointment in the gear box, that was it, I tried every single mode and combination, and it just not float my boat, its an otherwise fast and awesome car.

CSL is ideally a track car, it is really annoying round town, you can turn down the gear change ferocity to say S3 but still its annoying and its very hard to make smooth changes on the paddles at low speeds.

And of course it flips the revs up and down with every change, your rolling upto a round about change down a gear and it revs up to 4k and everyone looks at you like your an idiot

No arguing though, once you turn the traction off and turn it upto S6 it absolutley flies and comes alive like nothing else.

Im loving the truck though

:eek:

You wouldnt argue with the guy though, he's built like a brick wall! :cool:

He's a pansy!

I like the Jeep it's a bit bling , but if you've done the speed/track thing and you want something comphy to cruze about in it's great, 4.8 to 60 fast too!

leon

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What a unit.

CSL is up there in my dream garage... Anyone who owns one is a very lucky chap.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Gotta remember this guy owned the CSL and although it was quick, he just didnt like it enough to warrant keeping it. Cant really have a go at him for getting rid of it if he didnt want it. Madness or not.

:)

Exige S1 + Honda S1
anyone who swaps a CSL for an american 4x4 should never had bought a CSL in the first place

Turbos.
Don't think anyone is arguing with that beautiful, i think its more the fact that he has replaced it with that.

Why own an off roader that doesn't even have the inkling to go off road? It is a waste of space... why not just get an M5 or something? I don't believe people buy the Jeep for anything other than status.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Fair point. Well, I guess its the fact its a big 4x4. This guy is frickin huge, so it may suit him better. lol.

Anyway, he'll have got shot within a few weeks!

:)

Monaro VXR
If he is gonna buy a yank car could at least get something cool. GT500, Corvette etc.

Admittedly the SRT8 is fast fastest 4x4 you can buy but its just not a pretty car.