ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M-Station MP3 Player

ICE Junkies. I can get the mk1 m-station for £200 (normally £400) If anyone wants one. Me and some mates are placing a couple of orders next week if anyones interested.

Heres where we will get them from (hope to knock the price down even more with a bigger order)

http://www.6thplanet.com

and here is a review

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/reviews/rstories/0,3040,e7109541,00.html

They are totally legit - promise

Free Music for the masses

Dave

Ive had a look but cant seem to find the difference between v.1 and v.2, except for the price. Youre getting the v.1 right?
Thats bloody cheap nevertheless!

I havent got any RCA inputs on my Sony so do you reckon the FM modulator will sound ok? I cant plug it straight into my amps either unless I get an electronic crossover of sorts - whacks the budget up a bit.

Ned

you can use RCAs (which i would use) or a headfone jack. Not sure about converting the fm mod and what loss you would get but i will check up on it.

differences between the mk1 and mk2 are minimal. apart from the mk2 you can have bigger harddrives in them and a couple more functions on the display.

I a ordering the v1

Oh and btw. m-player the company have gone bust

That looks pretty cooool!
Shame the company went into liquidation!?! Bit ominous dont you think??

When was you thinking of ordering them? Im interested in getting one!

I am definately interested but am a bit worried coz Trax data have gone into liquidation. Does that mean that there wont be any warranty/after sales support if I had a problem?

Very very interested though

Im very interested in this as I already have about 30gb of MP3 on my home PC. Therefore Im only interested in the V2 / 60GB version. Currently listed by Saturn computers at £417.13.Warranty/sales support is RTB to Saturn Computers for 1 year. How much can you get the V2 for? Put me on the list for an order!

Ben, I will look into the after sales support. It def still has warrenty.

y16vers, Dont think I could get him any lower on the mk2 sorry. However If you have a cdrw it does come with a revised real jukebox that allows you to store your mp3 on cd either as wav or mp3 file type. So If you get one I suppose you could archive any that you want off your pc

Just had an email from 6th planet. (The company selling them)

It outlined the differences between the version 1 and the version 2 which I think is about £60 more to buy.

"Most of the differences are minor such as back lit & re-designed controls, The Dashboard remote cable has been moved to the rear of the unit ( rather than the top )making it easier to use in tight places and also allowing Dash mounting ( V1 is Boot / Remote only ).
The warranty is with us, 1 Year Return to Base."

Hope this helps anybody

OK apparently we can get the phase 2 for £65 more. Speaking to a mate that wentr and checked them out its a bargain...

Ive got a V2 and Im happy with it. MP3 sound quality is very good, as long as you use the RCA outputs direct into the head unit, and NOT the FM modulator which is crxp, it causes some background hiss and distortion. Also with the FM mod you cant get the RDS/EON traffic announcements when the head unit is tuned to the mStation. It great not having to have CDs lying around in the car and getting scratched, and having such a large choice of music in the car - you can store your entire CD collection on it, provided youve got the time to input them in that is. It never jumps or skips, and itll play MP3s at up to 320k, which is not far off of CD quality and certainly good enough whilst on the move in the car. At around £425 though (for the 60GB version), its probably only justified to those who have a large MP3 collection in the first place, and a decent PC to dowload them to the mStation. The main unit is not particularly attractive to look at, but its mounted totally out of view in the boot so that doesnt matter. The only extra thing you have inside car is a small head up display with IR receiver and a tiny remote control unit.

Question for mp3eee - what is the V2s support like for ID3v1 and ID3v2?

The majority of my MP3s have been *painstakingly* named so it would be cool to see the artist/track name on the display properly.

Oli.

Ive also renamed all my MP3s - by year/artist/song as a standard file name. For example 2000 Madonna - Music.mp3. This way I just select a folder for a year, hit play and off we go. I did this because I did not like the id tag info that gets attached with the songs - sometimes they only seem to show the song and not the artist (or it shows various artists as the artist if the songs been ripped off of a compilation CD) When the songs are played on the mStation in the car, sometimes it shows the song in my format, sometimes it seems that the tag system overides it and it shows it in that format. Up until now, ive kind of ignored the ID3V1/V2 system, as Ive only been using a basic winamp player on my PC. When I bought the mStation and installed it on my PC, it came with another, much more sophisticated mp3 player (Realplayer) which has loads of menus for storage & filenames, which I havent looked into yet. All I did was drag and drop my year files onto the mStation ICON and they all went in ok. Ideally, it would be nice to have the car display just showing the songs in my format (i.e disable ID3v1/v2) I would think there must be an option within the mStation somewhere to do this. Or can the ID3 tags be overwritten?

Just to confirm. I can get the mk2 m-station for £265. Can anyone that wants one get the moolar ready to order pretty soon (say in the next few weeks)

dave

u can edit the tags in winamp for sure. load up any amount of mp3s, select them all in the playlist, and then press alt + 3. untick the tag boxes and then click update. gotta do it per one thou ill see if there is a prog that clears them automatically, must be somewhere

ahh, looked at a certain model of mstation, dunno which one, and it gives u the option to show either id tags or filenames. presume that would be with all models