ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lumpy running!

when i start up the 172 from cold, the revs a bit lumpy, i know this is sometimes normal but every so often it does it quite bad! and also when you drive it for the first 5 minutes or so its a bit hesitant between about 1800 and 2500 revs, it sort of hold back and doesn't want to put the power down, i never nail the car from cold, but its just annoying because the road i drive down out of my estate is bumpy and the running of my car doesn't make the ride any better! the car has a 182 manifold, de-cat and stealth exhaust, could this be the problem one of my mates thinks it could be!

does anybody know what else it could be if so what do i need to do to stop it?

Cheers!

Clio 172 RS2
Wait for it... wait for it! Coolant needs 70 degrees centergrade before the lumpyness dissappears. <3.000 rpm is max.

172 exclusive
if the valve on the charcoal canister is messing around it will suck in air ,mixture goes rich to compensate gives you very lumpy/kangarooie between 1200-2000 ,cut pipe from cannister to manifold and block up manifold end it will run completly different almost normal