ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lumpy idle

Now then,

When i got home from work yesterday my mk1 seemed to be a bit lumpy with it was idling, revving a bit higher than it normally does when its got warmed up, around 1200/1300. usually idles at 900 when warm. wasn't like it this morning, but was when i got home. seems to make the car vibrate a little too. its due for an interim service, had a major one end of may last year, so oil and plugs mainly. reckon its just that or could there be an idling problem or the throttle sticking?

any advice much appreciated

Rich

cheers, i'll give it a look tomorrow. gonna do the plugs and oil, may as well do the ht leads aswell, needs a service.

do you know roughly where the air in is, the area after the sensor? i'm just looking at the hot and cold air feeds?

bit of a bumpety bump, gave it a bit of a service (new plugs oil and air filter) and i checked my ht leads at the same time. they've been renewed at some point cos they're halfords brand, look in good nick, however, one wasn't properly connected to the distributor cap, i don't know if it was damaged, looked ok. didn't take the distributor cap off, i forgot. with it not being a bad shake the car gets could it be that ht lead thats damaged be causing a misfire?