ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lumpy Idle 04 182.

Clio 182
I've been reading up on this, there seem to be numerous answers to this? Basically my idle sits at the normal idle (think its like 900RPM) and it just seems rough (shakes me about in the car every so often). Some people say that this isn't a problem and that they have always suffered from this and to 'hide' this they use an RSTuner. However, some people say that it's the fuel injectors that usually resolve this issue? Any idea?

P.s a recent full service has reduced the juddering by about 50%...

Cheers,

Tom

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
My 172 does this. I'm lead to understand its simply how they are.

I like it because it makes me feel like there is a monster trying to escape Pmsl

Clio 182
My 172 does this. I'm lead to understand its simply how they are.

I like it because it makes me feel like there is a monster trying to escape Pmsl

Ha it does my head in, anyone who comes in my car thinks it's gonna stall!

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Ha it does my head in, anyone who comes in my car thinks it's gonna stall!
lol.

It wont stall :)

But the rs tuner 98ron map does help i have been told.

I plan to map mine this week as i was paid yesterday :D

If its as bad as near enough stalling its not normal.

Also seems to be the new thing latley , car runs s**t stick ron 98 map on that will sort it.

Well it won't lol it will help but you are only masking a problem. I would personally get it checked over.

Clio 182
It's not almost stalling, it sticks at 900RPM. Never once stalled on me, it's just lumpy at traffic lights for example. Just judders a lot.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Hmmm. Full on judder?
Mines not that bad.
Just wobbles me now and then when idle.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Hmmm. Full on judder?
Mines not that bad.
Just wobbles me now and then when idle.

They do settle down when you stop on idle, so when you first stop it will be a certain RPM then it will drop and settle a little further giving a bit of shake on the way down sometimes.

Do you have solid engine mounts by any chance?