ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowest profile tyre?

2002 Clio Dynamic
Looking at a set of 18x7 OZ alloys
Need help on the lowest profile tyres i can go for on them and i dont have a clue as they are 7" wide compaired to the usual 7.5"

Any suggestions are much appreciated

Clio 182 arctic
wasnt there a chap who had the 17'' kei alloys on a 1.2 and they rubbed like hell. i take it ur putting them on a range rover yeah!

e92 330i
I don't think the width matter to the profile, 7.5j wide I'd say 215/225 tyres and you can prolly have any profile you can find, 35/30/25/20 be a bumpy ride.

2002 Clio Dynamic
I have been running 18s on my clio since i bought it
But since having the 172 conversion i need to put spacers on the rears to bring them in line with the fronts as the 172 is wider than the standard 1.4
and thats why i dont know what tyres to get for alloys that are 7" wide compaired to the ones i already have that are 7.5"

Thanks for the replys so far guys
NIce to see some things have stayed the same on here lol

2002 Clio Dynamic
wasnt there a chap who had the 17'' kei alloys on a 1.2 and they rubbed like hell. i take it ur putting them on a range rover yeah!

with 17x7 alloys i would have 205x40
with 18x7.5 would be 215x35

so how would i go about 18x7?? possibly 205x40x18

Mk5 golf gti
WTF

why would you want that size wheel??

post pics of it on 18's we could all be wrong ;) ahem

Mk5 golf gti
669_AP1_on_Renault_Clio_01.jpg

big boost cup
That mondeo in the backround is proper chavtastic. ditch the 18's or do you have some really big speed bumps near you

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
oh my god, please don't tell me you like them

edit: just noticed that isn't the OP's car but still lol at 18's

Last edited:
  2002 Clio Dynamic
I'll need to find some pics of my clio

Although that has nothing to do with my original post nor does the fact that i should or should not have 18s on my clio to start with

But thanks for the replys anyway

Last edited:
  350z GT
id imagine a 205/40 profile would fit tbh

But Baby Jesus is cryin at your 18s..................hope your happy

2002 Clio Dynamic
If i was'nt happy i would'nt have them on!

TBH even with the 18s on the handling is great thanks to the FK silversport coilovers

2002 Clio Dynamic
Not for me
I prefer the look of it with the 18s and it handles and drives well so no need for me to change it

a low one
Do you really think that everyone would lie about the poor performance of big wheels?

If they were the best for handling you'd see every clio on track with 18 inch wheels.

2002 Clio Dynamic
Where have i questioned peoples thoughts on the handling or size of wheels?

This was originally a post asking for advice on tyre sizes

I have 18s on my clio because i like them and im happy with the handling

182 BEAN
handles like a boat im guessing :rasp: 15's FTW and im sporting trophy turinis ..... gonna be a sheep and sport some 2118's this summer