ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering

nearly gettin there with my car just need to lower it because it looks like it on stilts but i have two option and need your opinions.

if i just bought the front shorten springs for £50ish how would i lower the back dampers?

is it worth buying a complete lowering kit form k-tec for like £200 quid which comes with eevyrthing?

1.2 16v Dynamique.
would definately go for the latter option as the £50 springs will probably make your car handle like a bag of sh*t!

S2000
^^^ not necessarily. It obviously won't be as good as the full kit but standard springs will do the job if your on a budget or if your not lowering it all that much.

Is yours a Mk1 or a Mk2?

If it's a Mk1 you lower the rear by adjusting the torsion bar, if it's a Mk2 then you will get springs for the back and front in the kit.

its a mk1 so i will just get the springs for now and see how they go and if they are sh*t i will get the full kit

Last edited:
  1.6 16v clio priv
Right Just getting lowering springs will work for the short term but the ride will not be as good as with properly rated dampers. Also your dampers will have a very short lifespan of about 1-2 years if you dont put matching dampers in. Front dampers for my clio mk2 ph2 1.6 16v are £85 each. Remember youll be replacing them regularly. It's actually cheaper to get the full kit because it wont wear to quickly. Also if the springs break under warranty your warranty will probably be void because they are not fitted with the dampers they are designed for.

Right Just getting lowering springs will work for the short term but the ride will not be as good as with properly rated dampers. Also your dampers will have a very short lifespan of about 1-2 years if you dont put matching dampers in. Front dampers for my clio mk2 ph2 1.6 16v are £85 each. Remember youll be replacing them regularly. It's actually cheaper to get the full kit because it wont wear to quickly. Also if the springs break under warranty your warranty will probably be void because they are not fitted with the dampers they are designed for.

£50 each they should be.

Shock can be repalaced under warently even if you have aftermarket springs.