ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering springs.....

would someone be able to link me to the best lowering springs for a 2005 clio 182... as you guys probably have more knowledge than me about springs!

and what are the benefits of having lowering springs? ie... handling? better? worse?

thanks guys :)

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Depends what your after mate, you want it to be low for visual looks or to improve the handling? apex give a good drop looks wise but are generally quite s**t and very crashy, sportlines if you want a slight drop with handling improvement. If you got a decent amount to spend tho id get coilovers. Never turned back since i got mine handling wise so much better than any lowering spring you can get, then obviously the adjustable ride height means you can choose how you want it to look.

so eibach are the best then? im not too bothered about looks tbh but id quite like to improve the handling... only got a few hundred to part with though!

Megane R26
so eibach are the best then? im not too bothered about looks tbh but id quite like to improve the handling... only got a few hundred to part with though!

Sounds like eibach prolines are the springs for you, which i happen to have for sale in the sales section ;)

fitting isnt a problem really, can fit myself or get my mate to fit for a tenner! so you guys suggest eibach then? where should i get them from?

thanks fred

Golf GTD Mk7
the pros and sport offer exactly the same handling and ride, i'd say the sport are actually better

They not a bit soft Fred? Pro's are good, slightly stiffer than standard, but I don't think handling wise they made that much difference on track IMO