ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering springs

renault clio sport172
ok people time to lower the 172 getting the wheels on mine refurbed and done black am in the process of spraying my bullets and thought this would be a nice finishing touch. so what im asking is wheres the best and cheapest place for lowering springs and what brand?
cheers :)

PH1 iceburg
Loads and loads of threads on this. Generally most people agree that for quality handling and a little drop, eibachs. If you want droppage for the sport then springs wise it Apex (40mm). i have these and ride is quite (f**k ur back up) harsh on crap roads.

renault clio sport172
roads in the valleys(rhondda south wales) are tbh s**t everywhere so im guessing APEX is a no go for me its guna be the expensive choice of eibach im not looking forward to it.any ideas where to get @ the cheapest prices?
cheers

renault clio sport172
well ive been offered some apex by a member on here at £65 im really unsure if this is a good price as ive found em for like £90 or just under delivered.i was hoping to get them for around £55 - £60 delivered but not sure hes intrested at that price.

TTRS & V50
65 quid for springs, you cant go wrong really, i paid 109 posted for my apex's.

They are shite ride, but they drop good, but what do you expect when cutting it cheap on suspension.

renault clio sport172
well tbh i dont mind spend a little extra but i was thinking bout £110 as i have other plans 2 and the misses is paying.motorsportworld ive seen from google that are quite well priced.lemme know what u all think

renault clio sport172
i think im guna snap em up tbh i just wan it to ride low and the standard suspension doesnt give u the smoothest of rides anyway lol! whats the clearence going to be like on speed bumps? or is it best 2 avoid speedies?
cheers

PH1 iceburg
well ive been offered some apex by a member on here at £65 im really unsure if this is a good price as ive found em for like £90 or just under delivered.i was hoping to get them for around £55 - £60 delivered but not sure hes intrested at that price.

Becareful on here mate dont wanna put u off but only buy from trusted! people, many scammers (well 1 bloke with diff I.D,s) on here at the mo

renault clio sport172
yeh i got cond by that turd aswell but im in process of claiming.the guy in question got some refs n stuff so ill trust him.thanks for concern though mate:)