ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering springs

stu

Clio Mk 1
hi, i have been looking around for a full suspension kit for my mk 1 1.2 and have had no luck within my restricted budget as yet, so am thinking on just getting 2 60mm springs for the front and lowering the back on the tortion bar by 60mm too, and was wondering how long it would take for my exsisting shocks to f*ck up? do you think they would last 3-4 months without new shocks?

Meg on pistonheads £6995
I've managed 32K/2 years on standard shocks since a 40mm drop on Apex's

(45K total on original shocks)

AND I don't treat it gently - only cost £122 fitted at BB in Essex!

stu

Clio Mk 1
yea cheers but mine are alot older than yours and would probably not last as long on shortened springs anyone done this??

hmm Im in the same boat, would like to know the answer to this question too...if I just fit new spring?, what will happen to the shocks?

your better off getting some suspension off a valver which is pretty cheap.
Get some valver shocks, and use 1.2 lowering springs as they arent as stiff (if you want stiff use valver ones)
Only thing you will need is valver hubs if yours are 52mm spacings.

The shocks will wear out quicker how much quicker depends so much.
To give you an idea my shocks were going at ~50k on stock springs all there life. Black cros are fine on lowered springs at 45k and he drives hard.

I'm not easy though on parts.