ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering my mk3 - please advise!

2008 Albi 197
I've had a good search through all the forums to try and find out what the best solution to lowering my car is and by how much as it looks like its on stilts atm

However, all its done is make me more confused as there are a lot of conflicting views.

Basically, I can't afford coilovers, so thats a no no right there. So it comes down to springs for now and I want to drop the car enough that its noticable but doesn't cause me any problems with the standard shocks or with the ride.

So any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!:D

011.jpg

2008 Albi 197
Thanks for the reply. I really can't go for coilovers at the min, 1 due to the cost of them, and 2 it would cause me massive problems having the car so low. I don't know if you saw my very first thread, but I have to get over bollards to get on the drive, and to make it even worse the drive slopes upwards from the road so I think going that low is out of the question.

Which is a shame because yours looks awesome.

Does anyone on here have a mk3 lowered by just 40 - 45mm that you know of?

2008 Albi 197
I'm not having much joy with this, so I've looked around a bit more. These seem to be two options for me but I need some opinions on which ones to go for.

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=397637

or

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=3815410

The first ones say going lower than 40mm needs shorter shocks, but the H&R ones say they are compatible with standard shocks and they are 45mm ones? I don't want to go any lower than this but I also don't want to screw my shocks up, or f*ck the cars ride

2008 Albi 197
Thanks for the replies! I like the look of R1XPH's car, thats the sort of thing I want to aim for. I'll give him a PM tomorrow!