ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering my car...insurance?

Clio Dynamique Noir
I want to fit some coilovers to my car...do I have to notify my insurance of this and do you think itll push it up a lot?
Thanks

Clio Dynamique Noir
Anyone that has lowered their car did you tell your insurance company and how much more did they charge you?

Da

Less
Yes you have to tell them, and it depends on who you're with as to how much it increases.

As said you need to tell your insurance company, Dont know your age but i know what its like being young and eager to modify even if your insurance policy might not allow.

But its best to let them know otherwise you invalidate your policy, From good advice off this forum i waited till my policy allowed mods and i modified after i could declare.

They're are still the one or two that don't declare it though im sure, But its not worth the risk.

ITB'd MK1
I'll own up to owning modded cars without declaring mods in the past. Then i called Flux to ask about en engine conversion with lowering and big brakes at the same time, and it was £50 more than a standard policy all in. I felt a bit silly at that point LOL

MR2 Mk1.5
I'll own up to owning modded cars without declaring mods in the past. Then i called Flux to ask about en engine conversion with lowering and big brakes at the same time, and it was £50 more than a standard policy all in. I felt a bit silly at that point LOL

I see this time and time again.. it really does baffle me why people drive with undeclared modifications (therefore potentially void insurance policies)