ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering mk1 5 Door

Looking for a Mk1 Clio?
Ok im thinking of lowering my Mk1 CLio, 5 Door. Is 55mm a nice ride height to drop it too?

I want 55mm cause i want it dropped on it arse. Low as possible, on 13/14 or even 15inch alloys. The lower the better, but i want the height to be just right. Dont worry about speed bumps, i will avoid them and if i have to go 2mph over them lol.

Also...

Just by looking at the picture, will these alloys fit? Im looking at buying them from a guy near me, he hasnt any details of them for me at i aint been to see them properly...but please let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 9fb6_1.JPG
    9fb6_1.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 8
  • a26c_1.JPG
    a26c_1.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 15
  MK2 PH2 & E46 330
mines lowered 55mm. no problems apart from atm my rear tyres are 195/50/55 which rubs over bumps. ill get 45s soon enough like the front though.

duno about the wheels, most BBS that fit VWs fit clios i think though.

ive got 2x lowering shox for the front for sale if you need them. the back is a torsion bar you need lowered to the same height. then all youd need is 55mm springs to go with the shox.

Rb 182
Bass_J has his lowered 60mm all round. His wheels scrub on 15s. So hes down to 14s right now as he wants his car to move.

Sam - What kind of shocks? How much?

Mines is down 60-70mm with 15" wheels and 50 profile tyres. It did rub till i ground away the arches till it didnt!!

55mm is a decent drop though.

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
Bass_J has his lowered 60mm all round. His wheels scrub on 15s. So hes down to 14s right now as he wants his car to move.

Sam - What kind of shocks? How much?

yeah new gmax shocks as donsrno1 said. cost just under 90 new. id be looking for around 70 posted? or 60 collected (im in edinburgh)