ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering kits

e92 330i
Hi, im fairly new to owning a clio, so finding things out everyday. Now ive been looking to lower my clio 60mm, i own the 1.2 16v. Now searching across the web have found a few that i like, just wanted some opinions.

The first is a supersport sprint kit, costing £194.22, looks ok but never heard of them so abit wary.

Second is a PI kit, costing £280.51

Also like the Apex + SPAX but havent really got £350+ to play with.

Any ideas on which one i'd benifit from better?

Thanks, George

RS200 Cup
Lowering by 60mm, if those kits will even achieve that kind of drop, is in my opinion a huge drop for standard shocks and I think you could/will end up damaging something.

I have 35~40mm springs on my 172 and I think it's not helped my drivetrain. It's also a very hard ride and I don't think you'll see much handling improvement if that's what you're after.

LY R26
i have apex springs that i got off a company called camskill (google their website) their services was amazing and they were very cheap compared to europerformance etc, as for shocks i picked up a set of PI shock from a member off here for 90 quid, so 180 all in and i have shocks and springs, my springs are 60mm btw.

all the members on here recommended 60mm to me and recommended apex for the best drop, they also sad standard shocks will cope but not for ever due to the increased stress so best to upgrade but doesnt have to be immediately so just look on the forum for a set to pop up at a good price.

im sure a few folk will disagree with me but like i said im just going on the advice i was given.

EDIT** my springs only cost me 90 quid delivered and i also have a 1.2 16v

Last edited:
  LY R26
yeah i know, just going on what other members have told me mate, i picked up mi shocks on sunday and seen clio_stus motor and i reckon if anyone sat in it then it would be scraping, but he gets around his town in it and the roads are SH*TE!

e92 330i
Sorry, the kits im looking at are shocks+springs. I dont want to do things half-hearted, but its difficult with low funds lol. Im not really going to handling, just the looks. I would go lower but 60mm seems good clearance for my wheels still and we have bumpy roads by here, thanks for the advice, ill look at that website camskill and check them out. But i might wait a little longer and go for apex. Thanks for the advise!

Slooooow Ass 1.2
I went against the general opinion on here and went with Apex 40mm springs on Standard Shocks due to the cost initially.

I also have tonnes of speed bumps around my area which are huge, a friend of mine had 60mm drop on his car and it scrapped so 40mm was the only way for me sadly. I would have liekd to go further but just couldn't.

The Apex 40mm springs do give a very nice drop and look very smart. I'm at work at the moment or I would post a picture up of the stance of mine at the moment.

Method behind my post is i agree to go with Apex, they are a little harsh but it just means you slow down for bum ps a little more

LY R26
theres a set of apex gas shocks for sale on here for 150 sure you could get the price down a bit, i bought springs first as i new i wasnt putting them straight away and the bought a set of shocks later on, my springs and shocks go on this sunday so will get some pics for you to let you see what they are like mate

e92 330i
Cheers fella, not a full member, so cant acess the thred. Think ive made my mind up on apex 60mm drop from k tec, so next payday they'll be on the way. Big down part is going to put my steelies back on (14 inch ftw) as insurance want £100 extra if i keep my alloys, on, joke isnt it. But suppose smaller wheels means ill be closer to the ground i suppose :D good times!

Evo 8 MR
Just remember it's not just the shocks that can be put under extra strain. ;)

Any off the shelf kit won't do any damage to the vehicle it's designed for.

You only risk causing damage when you fit a set of coilovers and adjust them silly low. 40 and 60mm is nothing.