ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering a 172 cup?

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
hiya guys im sure some of you ave done this im considering it cos one off my rear springs has broken and its cheaper to get a full lowering spring kit than to get 2 new rear springs off renault.

my request is to post pics of your lowered 172 cup and how much youve lowered it by and also how much u lot recommend to lower it by?

cheer ppl

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
cnt chop em mate ones already snapped so i wanna put brand new ones on
80mm thats quite alot?

APR LCR225
Chop the springs and make it lower by about 80mm

I hope your joking:eek:

If you lower it more than say eibach sportlines/prolines your going to ruin the handling/susp characteristics of the cup imo, bar using coilovers.

Out of the 2 eibach options the sportlines will lower it more and it will sit nicely and improve handling as much as any spring will on its own.

Apex will lower more but the ride is said to be 'crashy' and uncomfortable.

Under no circumstances chop your standard springs, itl totally f**k your car up:clown:

BMW M135i
PPC did an article on chopping springs a few issues back apparently its ok as along as you do it right, still I wouldn't fancy it myself.

Would've though something like prolines would suite the cup over the sportlines.

APR LCR225
I def wouldnt fancy it, cant see how it would work unless you were very lucky... they wouldnt sit right for a start surely?:S No way id risk it on the already fine handling cup. f***ing bodge job.

Only suggested sports because got the impression he wanted a drop.