ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering a 1.2

Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.0
i got offered a set of 172 springs would these lower my 1.2 by anything or are the simaler springs to the ones on my car? also iv got 172 alloys on whta size spacers will i need if i lower by 40mm front and rear?

quick replies if possible as im going to order springs tonight from k tec do i get discount if im member on here ?

Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.0
so not much of a drop any idea of the size of spacers with 172 alloys if i drop it 40mm?

i got offered a set of 172 springs would these lower my 1.2 by anything or are the simaler springs to the ones on my car? also iv got 172 alloys on whta size spacers will i need if i lower by 40mm front and rear?

quick replies if possible as im going to order springs tonight from k tec do i get discount if im member on here ?
They do seemingly lower the car a slight but but there completly wrong for the car get the proper springs for your car or not at all.
iirc the 172 springs are -20mm than standard
Not quite that simple the cars are lower.
is a 1.2 not torsion bar at te rear tho?

Depends if were on about a Mk1 or Mk2 car Mk2 have springs at the back Mk1's have torsion bars.

Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.0
iv got mk2 ph1 its springs all round any of you guys know what size spacers i need for 172FF alloys to fit without rub if i lower 40mm??