ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered the RB.. abit.. Picture heavy and dirty car content

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Quite like this pic :)

B74D4E14-772B-4572-8E3F-CA6636BEB2A1-1235-000002402EF4282D_zps30039f66.jpg

Mental 172 Cup
Take the subs out and see if it makes much difference...

Failing that I would get some different rear springs or even better a full set of Cooksports and lob those in the skip.. Also put your centre caps back in. It looks terrible without them..

Mental 172 Cup
That's on springs and oem shocks? Do you want to die?

Why would that make him die? It's a fair bit lower but it's not mega low.. I lowered my 1.2 clio on 60mm springs on OEM shocks and that was low and perfectly fine.. It's just uncomfortable when it hits the bump stop

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf I have seen worse rear rake before but the front definitely needs to go down or the rear back up a bit.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Just watch the rubbing on the tyres, pretty dangerous IMO. Getting the arches rolled might help. Other than that...I like it...oh....like Luke said...put the centre caps back on!!

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
How much for the turinis mate? Pm me

sold now, sorry

That's on springs and oem shocks? Do you want to die?

how ami gonna die? I don't drive like a bell, I fitted brand new shocks at the same time, it's not even that low!! Just a lot less arch gap

Why would that make him die? It's a fair bit lower but it's not mega low.. I lowered my 1.2 clio on 60mm springs on OEM shocks and that was low and perfectly fine.. It's just uncomfortable when it hits the bump stop

Exactly ;)

Tbf I have seen worse rear rake before but the front definitely needs to go down or the rear back up a bit.

I would like to go down at the front abit more, wondering if coilovers would go lower but can't find a definite pic

I think it looks ok now. Not a great deal different to how mine looks on Cooksports tbh.

it looked worse before they settled but I really like how it's sitting now, just want the front down another 10mm or so

Just watch the rubbing on the tyres, pretty dangerous IMO. Getting the arches rolled might help. Other than that...I like it...oh....like Luke said...put the centre caps back on!!

It's not rubbing when driving, just when I turn in to park or full lock, and from what I've read it's rubbing on the bumper bracket, so ill fix that soon :)

center caps are in my room, I'm only using the 182 wheels as a stop gap while I wait for my superleggeras to arrive ;)

cheers for the comments and lol at people over reacting, ill be at css13 and I'm sure I won't be the lowest clio there

172/1.2/E30

Springs won't be pretensioned... Pretty unsafe.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
It's still a work in process, front needs to drop 10mm or so, and I need spacers + camber ;)

BG 182
tbh mate i think you're pretty close to being spot on imo. where in pembs do you live? all my family live there, some nice driving roads! and also some dodgy narrow roads!

Mental 172 Cup
Your best bet is to go buy a set of Cooksport springs.. Which will give you a decent enough stance, then one day you might care about the way a car handles and then you'll already have the best springs for that aswell.. Win win..

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
tbh mate i think you're pretty close to being spot on imo. where in pembs do you live? all my family live there, some nice driving roads! and also some dodgy narrow roads!

Pembroke, just by the castle, the roads around the towns are dire!! The back country roads are stupidly narrow, and the open coastal roads are amazing! Pretty good place to live to be fair

Last edited:
  Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Your best bet is to go buy a set of Cooksport springs.. Which will give you a decent enough stance, then one day you might care about the way a car handles and then you'll already have the best springs for that aswell.. Win win..

The car handles exactly the same as it used too on my usual spirited drive to work, just feels a few extra bumps, I don't 'push the car to its limits' but I wouldn't say I'm miss daisy either, the car still puts a smile on my face every time I go for a drive and now I like looking at it without the archgap

End of the day I like it, just needs abit of tweaking!

its still fun to drive and looks better to me, goes over speed bumps without scraping and feels safe, if not more planted at speed than it used too, if it felt dangerous I wouldn't drive it