ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowerd cars

Renault clio 1.4 16v
just a auick question be very happy if some one could tell me. iv lowerd my car bot 75mm lol its seems to be a bit slidey on the roads last night . more than before i lowerd it . is this normal for lowerd car to be a bit more sidey on slipy roads ? thanks jason

Renault clio 1.4 16v
whats it lowered on mate? springs? coilovers? hows it setup etc?

pics?
iv got fk hightsports coilover its a mk2 1.4 it on round about the front just seems to slide more than before quite a bit more just dont know if lowerd cars are like is .

Renault clio 1.4 16v
The roads around my way are really slippery at the moment.
same hear but u dont realy notice as much as i am now im thinkin its because the car as no give it it so it just slides should of got them in the summer as im not sure if the kits right. the camber is a bit out not much but i cant set it as the wheel hits the strut when setting it to - camber and there standerd 15s

Mustang, S13, AX GT
mines slightly slippier aswell, but then my tyres are done so that could be it.

Renault clio 1.4 16v
mines slightly slippier aswell, but then my tyres are done so that could be it.
thanks the the post im sure its ment to be slipey but it strange i cant set the camber right so that will make it a bit worse grrrr

lowering too much just f***s the handling completely in my experience, I think mine must have been about 120mm lower than standard as it was practically scraping the floor and running on the bump stops pretty much. I've since had it raised and it handles s**t loads better... though it's still shite as the coilovers I have are pants, but it's safer at least lol.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
If you lower it significantly it shouldn't make the handling worse, well, not unless you lower it right down to the point where its sitting on the bump stops not letting the springs work. But any significantly lowered car isn't going to give you as strong a messages that its close to the limit before it breaks away. It'll get right up to the limit, then suddenly with not notice its sliding.

Which is not to say Fred might find that lowering it has changinged the front end settings enough that it needs to be re-aligned or something to get it back to working right.