ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower balljoint removal

CursedTitanium 182FF
Make sure both front wheels are off the ground, I didn't when I did mine. I was new to Clio Sports plus only ever working on the old Minis, I didn't realise that the front anti roll bar would push the bottom arm into the bottom of the outboard driveshaft gaiter & pop the driveshaft (Passenger Side) out of the gearbox releasing the gear oil all over the drive.

Lesson learned, I won't be making that mistake again in a hurry.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Make sure both front wheels are off the ground, I didn't when I did mine. I was new to Clio Sports plus only ever working on the old Minis, I didn't realise that the front anti roll bar would push the bottom arm into the bottom of the outboard driveshaft gaiter & pop the driveshaft (Passenger Side) out of the gearbox releasing the gear oil all over the drive.

Lesson learned, I won't be making that mistake again in a hurry.

Or rip the gaitor on the shaft too. Pain in the arse!

Anyway OP cant you waggle it out or tap it free after taking the two 12mm bolts out?

Inferno 182FF
Got the balljoint removal tool this morning with the tool it took about ten mins to remove both so much easier with the tool I should of had it all along!

330i. E30 Touring.
Tool not always needed.

Put pressure on the wishbone pushing it down (i use a breaker bar levered against something solid (gearbox or chassis normally)) and hit the ball joint from above with a hammer and bolster.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Tool not always needed.

Put pressure on the wishbone pushing it down (i use a breaker bar levered against something solid (gearbox or chassis normally)) and hit the ball joint from above with a hammer and bolster.

This. Just make sure you jam something between the wishbone

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Leave the shaft in, spanner on the top 19's, ratchet on the underneath.

Once those are off the balljoint should be loose bar pinch bolt.

Undo that, get your tool on it and smash the crap out of it.

330i. E30 Touring.
Everyday's a school day. xx

Shock to hub - 21mm.
Ball joint lowers - 18mm.
Ball joint pinch bolt - 16mm.
Brake calipers- 18mm (i think?)
ARB bush bracket - 13mm.
TRE nut - 16mm?
Front driveshaft nut - 32mm. RR is 30mm.
Wishbone bolts/nuts - 18mm.

Last edited: