ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low trolley jack help

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Get two blocks of wood. Drive on. Done.

Its what I do and its cheaper than a new jack! lol.

Last edited:
  ph1-172
if not though, they do lightweight "racing" trolley jacks, can get them on ebay for around £100 last time i checked.

or try machine mart.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Maybe we should f**k?

You should both come to my house for some pizza and bum fun ;)

I know I know thats probably the easiest soultion I was just wondering, two jacks would be quite nice though being able to do both sides at the same time :)

It's A Reno
Do NOT get one of the Machine Mart ones. They are really, really s**t. I have one and hate it with a passion. Money absolutely wasted.

£70 will get you the best jack ive owned to date, and Ive had plenty (even a machine mart one that twisted with a car than weighs under a ton by a fair amount)...

DSC00556.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
I need a costco down here :( Nearest one is probably Milton Keynes/Thurrock and both are over 2 hours away :(

I have the same as f0xy, very very good, got mine brand new from the bay £80, seller trade_it_up trolley is an arcan xl 30r, im lowered 60mm and it goes under no problem :D

Last edited by a moderator:
  It's A Reno
Whats so s**t about it?

They're not designed for domestic use.

They are designed to lift and lower a low, light racing car as quickly as possible.
This is explained by the far too long, sprung loaded handle which is a pain in the arse but is needed because of the high speed lift ratio of the jack and the fact that without a fine touch, it drops your car on the ground at a horrific speed.

They look pretty, but are shite. There are much better jacks out there.

lol, coincidence. Just come back from the garage with this problem! Damn ASts :(

I might try it a pikey way and drive on some bits of wood to get enough clearance ;)

PH1 172
Jack the back up, put a low axle stand underneath and then jack the front up....or if you don't have axle stands......just do what was suggested above. I only do it the axle stand way as I can never find a suitable bit of wood etc when I need it lol

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Well I cheated in the end, used the renault jack to give me enough room to get the main jack under - I love on clios how you jack the front up and the back want to join in :)

The (newer version) red one is quite a bit more bulky than the silver one in the PH link...my neighbour has one of those (from costco years ago) and its pretty much the same apart from being slightly different construction. Just noticed the box on the silver one says 24kg, the others weigh 40kg+ lol