ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low Subframes For Standard Seats?

M2 Competition
Erm, theyre not. But sure you could make some money if you fabricated some, lots of material you could take out of the standard subframes.

yeah.... well basically im not bothered about them not sliding, as i would have them in a fixed position... as long as they still flipped forwards it would be cool

They don't make them there not like aftermarket seat.

You could remove thre runners and use some metal plate as a replacmetn that gonna cut out about 1.5cm out of the height.

Then cut about 1 inch out the seat paddinbg thicnkess then for the rest you need to lower the springs which holds the cussion in place and get some welded a bit lower you could have the seat base about 2~3.5 inches lower with some work depends how extreme you want to go.

just had the passenger seat out to take a closer look at how everything is setup as standard.... anyone think this idea would work....?

ok... remove the sliders etc... get a metal plate made up like shown below:

IMG_0117__plate.gif

this would bolt to the 4 bolts that the original sliding mechanism bolted to...

then in this plate, there would be a series of holes drilled down each side, so the seat can be bolted down... but the series of holes means the seat can be moved forward and backward if needed. this would not bother me as i would be the only one driving....

would this solution be safe? and are there any companies that would manufacture this sort of thing for me?

cheers :)

just had the passenger seat out to take a closer look at how everything is setup as standard.... anyone think this idea would work....?

IMG_0117__plate.gif

then in this plate, there would be a series of holes drilled down each side, so the seat can be bolted down... but the series of holes means the seat can be moved forward and backward if needed. this would not bother me as i would be the only one driving....

would this solution be safe? and are there any companies that would manufacture this sort of thing for me?

that what I was saying no need for the cross members though.

however its not going to lower you much plus you want some thick metal to make those runners out of realy so not huge gains.

IMG_0117__plate.gif

that what I was saying no need for the cross members though.

however its not going to lower you much plus you want some thick metal to make those runners out of realy so not huge gains.

i should have drawn it a bit better lol...

i meant just a metal sheet no bars... like say some 5mm steel sheeting with 4 holes for the mounting bolts, then holes for the seat to mount to.... possibility?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If these ever got made i'd buy some, passenger side hight is a joke.

im trying to get the seat as low as possible, not bothered if its fixed because the back can flip forward.... i would rather have more backward tilt on the seat aswell so the actual position will naturally be closer to the wheel

Breaking A 172 Replica
Why not go down the bucket route? Or do you still want to get people in the back?

Tbh buckets and harness lines is the best mod I have done to my car...

people in the back... and reclining buckets are a bit shatty... wanted sparco corsa's but theyre fixed :(

Breaking A 172 Replica
Oh right.

I was goign to suggest taking out the passenger seat and putting a bucket seat for you. Thus easy access and imporved driving position.