ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

low and slow ;) (teaser pics)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Park on the grass to make it look low pics. Seriously, whats it on, 40mm springs? Need to step your game up if you're gunna call it low!

search dutty_112, brembo, curtis! and BIFCAIDS on here to see a non sport properly low and modded.

might give you somewhere to go with black and green too as they could be considered show cars and were highly respected/known/talked of on here.

had a quick look and really there isnt much difference between those and what i want to do....

megane splitter, pressed metal plates, second set of rims, bonnet bra, and then carbon wrap bonnet roof and spoiler, arches rolled, lowered further... done! :)

i know carbon wrapping is marmite but i think it solves my problems with the damage to the roof, is cheaper than painting it and wont look too bad on a black car...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I think shaun (s23 on here) had a low one.

257220_10150213978613556_3599157_o.jpg

Bora.
For serious lows.. Search for android, my Clio was fairly low with 8j borbet A's, to get as low as you ideally want 14s or 15s are required, adjuster cups must be removed, and possibly custom springs on the rear as coilovers springs just don't do it.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Raised top mounts, raised engines, chassis notches, custom subframes. Why doesn't anybody do this with a clio?

some new pics :D trying to show the car properly now, its sat on flat driveway! its also how it looks atm so looks a bit different and more to how i want it to look when finished :D

opinions guys

(yes i know there are a couple of the same angle but i wanted to show the height properly and the difference between the pairs of pics was whether i was stood or crouching...)

frontsquare.jpg

frontsquarelow.jpg

rearangle.jpg

rearsquarelow.jpg

frontlowview.jpg

frontlow.jpg

I think ride hieght looks fine, not a fan of the exhaust though.

thanks man and tbf the exhaust is a marmite thing (strange because i dont like marmite but i like the exhaust)

I've had lower than that and mine was hardly what I'd call 'low' these days...

5179390894_a610b1ec08_z.png

Night Time 3 by j0eyD, on Flickr

in fairness dude yours is on 15's there whereas mine is still on 17's and mine will be getting wound down further the day i get the arches rolled so the wheels can fit (rubs like a b*tch atm)

Fair one. I rolled my arches with a hammer (and cut a s**t load out of the rear bumper) and it sat like this on 16's:

5128504833_56782a181a_z.png

No longer Rubs. by j0eyD, on Flickr

I'd just get some smaller wheels and spray the whole wheel green - coloured lips generally don't look that great IMO. I think that's maybe why I can't warm to your wheels - they need to be just one colour I reckon.

Fair one. I rolled my arches with a hammer (and cut a s**t load out of the rear bumper) and it sat like this on 16's:

5128504833_56782a181a_z.png

No longer Rubs. by j0eyD, on Flickr

I'd just get some smaller wheels and spray the whole wheel green - coloured lips generally don't look that great IMO. I think that's maybe why I can't warm to your wheels - they need to be just one colour I reckon.

i was tempted to do the same but i dont wanna f*ck up the paint work as i believe it had previously been filled on the rear quarters, and i dont wanna cut my new 172 rear bumper to shreds lol, gotta paint it and fit it yet :L and how did you do the front though?

and the wheels are another marmite thing tbf, i like them as i like the style of the rims and they are outlandish and different, but i want either some rota grid's, OZ superturismo's or some nice deep dish rims :D

the guy let me down on the 15' multispokes i was supposed to be getting

Yeah, you can't roll the fronts because they're plastic. I just chopped/sanded the lip off - then cut some of the bumper/wing bracket off as that got in the way. I had 25mm spacers on at the time, so you should probably be fine tbh.

I had 16" old style SuperTurismo's at one point (in the picture above). Tyres were a bit too wide though, looked kinda crap.

5120609566_a5663c4cab_z.png

Super T's by j0eyD, on Flickr

That was before I'd rolled the rear arch - it's actually sat on the tyre there! It'd go wayy lower if the arch lip wasn't in the way.. lol!

love those wheels <3 but as it is atm iv got 1-2mm between the arches and my side walls, the front wheels are pretty okay and generally only rub when turning when i hit a bump, though the back rub constantly :/ i dont know why car manufacturers dont just fold the arches out of the way on the factory line... :/

front can probs go another 40mm tops before being on the floor but as soon as it is on 15's the current set up will have it pretty low :D

I imagine they just leave the arches because there's no need for them to be rolled - standard wheels are so narrow there's no way they'd ever come close to the arches. RS Clios come with ready rolled rear arches, the fronts still have the arch lips though.

Best thing to do is just to lower it to the point where it is rubbing, drive slowly up the road and remove where its rubbed. I assume you've taken out the arch liners?
The fronts rubbing will either be the arch lip or the bracket which holds the bumper to the wing - you don't need all of it, so just cut a little corner out of it. You'll see what I mean if you have a look! Much easier to show than to explain. Lol

I imagine they just leave the arches because there's no need for them to be rolled - standard wheels are so narrow there's no way they'd ever come close to the arches. RS Clios come with ready rolled rear arches, the fronts still have the arch lips though.

Best thing to do is just to lower it to the point where it is rubbing, drive slowly up the road and remove where its rubbed. I assume you've taken out the arch liners?
The fronts rubbing will either be the arch lip or the bracket which holds the bumper to the wing - you don't need all of it, so just cut a little corner out of it. You'll see what I mean if you have a look! Much easier to show than to explain. Lol

il have a whack at that mate and its the arch lips at the front and back, not touched the arch linings as its really low profile tyres and it doesnt touch the arch linings atm

You'd be surprised! It's not so much the top of the tyre that rubs on the arch liners, its the inside that you can't see.
Anyway, just take a wheel off and have a look - it'll be quite clear where its been rubbing!

You'd be surprised! It's not so much the top of the tyre that rubs on the arch liners, its the inside that you can't see.
Anyway, just take a wheel off and have a look - it'll be quite clear where its been rubbing!

well it rubs a little on the inside but it has rubbed the plastic away lol and only when on full lock, so i just avoid full lock lol, but the main rubbing is the arch lips (they get covered in rubber)

Spinksy, check out my project thread? Just uploaded last night. Got those pics I mentioned I'd get aswell. Comes up under 'iOllieSM's dynamique 1.2' .
Thanks bud :) ps, when you getting the 15's?!

1.2 16v
I like it mate looks good! Definitely something different which is great :) like how its sitting too!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Looks fairly decent in the last photos. Not keen on the exhaust and I hate bonnet bras though.