ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud knocking noise from front when i turn....

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
Hmmm, this is odd... When i come up to corners (mainly round-a-bouts and sharp junctions) i turn the steering wheel to not even full lock and the front,, well actually the whole car knocks, bangs, juders, does all of that anyway.. I dont have a clue what it could be...Any ideas before i take it to a garage?

Edit: Also sometimes pops out of gear when it happens!

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
wheelspinning causes that :nono: lol

Ok your right, the front right wheel is spinning, but still...WHY? Im not exactly hammering it round corners or junctions just your not pull out manovor! What could it be? Is it normal? My dad said could it be because its a 1.8!? But still, its just normal slow driving :S

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
I had similar problem on mine, see if the anti roll bar bolt hasn’t eroded snapped off.

Iceberg 172
Think I have the beginning of this problem on the near side, but not as much as you. I can just hear a clicking noise on *hard* RH cornering.

How much is not cheap if you don't mind me asking? (PM if preferred?)

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
Think I have the beginning of this problem on the near side, but not as much as you. I can just hear a clicking noise on *hard* RH cornering.

How much is not cheap if you don't mind me asking? (PM if preferred?)

Well it came to £155, £75 for new drive shaft, think garage was about £30 per hr labour, took few hours. Though there is still a problem, the last person removed the exhaust and fitted another one for some reason but the wrong one so the down-pipe is hitting the drive shaft so it could go again! :mad:

Mk1 Maxim Sport
lol gutted pal, i had a new drivers side driveshaft fitted on mine a few weeks ago an it cost me a total of £85!!!! think u got a bit robbed tbh wit ya.