ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lotus Carlton

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone I know has one of these locked away. Had it for years.
They're cool, but I don't see the appeal myself-personally.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
I absolutely love them. My dad had one when I was a kid. Him and the other 2 directors at his place bought them for themselves as company cars and they were delivered with consecutive number plates. It went down about as well as you’d expect with the workforce 😂.

His proudest moment was allegedly passing a marked police car on the a1 at 160+ mph on the way to hospital when my mam was in labour with my brother. Apparently he never even bothered turning the blues on.

I’ll have to see if I can dig an out pic out of the loft

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I spotted one on my way into work parked up in the sleepy village I used to live in a few years ago. Love them, probably a don’t meet your heroes type car, but I’d still love a go in one.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My old man has had one for about 16 years, it still feels fast today. I remember being 6 or so in the early 90s and standing next to one thinking it felt massive. Fast forward to today and it feels like quite a small car.

radwood-uk-2019-60.jpeg
radwood-uk-2019-65.jpeg
radwood-uk-2019-70.jpeg

Often gets mistaken for the Vauxhall heritage car.

6th gear is hilariously long, I think Vmax/177mph is actually achieved in 5th. Gearbox is straight out of the corvette parts bin iirc. Also, makes Evo rust issues seem small fry.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  M135i
Someone I know has one of these locked away. Had it for years.
They're cool, but I don't see the appeal myself-personally.
I think the stories of them outrunning the police gave them instant cult status, i think they are super cool, but i wouldn't chunk 88k into one.