ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lots of valver questions! fred,edde,ditz etc

Chav Rocket
:dapprove: ok apologies in advance for any stupid questions

picked up my valver tonight (its going to be a little project to try and restore it) however it seems like there is sooooo much wrong with it :( depressing a bit really so i need some help.

ok biggie
sunroof leaks there is a spare in the boot how do i know that one is watertight? how do i go about changing it

next
oil pressure gauge not working, someone said the sender is by the dipstick i believe - is that likely to be the problem?

next
all the heating controls are F***** they dont turn properly etc..is that a dash off job?

next
interior fan doesnt come on, checked 20a fuse onboard and its fine..any ideas?

thats it for now. please someone help me!

Thanks

In between cars....
Might be an idea to pop out and grab a haynes manual mate, sure itll help during the resto, good luck :)

valver engined r5.
the heater fan is more than likely the rheostat, that is under your scuttle panel and its about £30 ish from renault.

instead of the changing whole sunroof i would check the aerial base, buy a new 1 from renault for about £6 and fit that instead.

Chav Rocket
got haynes :) just nice to have a good idea what I'm looking for. I can follow a haynes but can't really troubleshoot too well :). The existing sunroof surround I can see where it's all Manky :s I'll change the ariel base tho.
Thanks so far!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator

picked up my valver tonight (its going to be a little project to try and restore it) however it seems like there is sooooo much wrong with it :( depressing a bit really so i need some help.

ok biggie
sunroof leaks there is a spare in the boot how do i know that one is watertight? how do i go about changing it

next
oil pressure gauge not working, someone said the sender is by the dipstick i believe - is that likely to be the problem?

next
all the heating controls are F***** they dont turn properly etc..is that a dash off job?

next

Thanks
Sunroof, common problem, seal the ariel, if it still leaks, unscrew the sunroof and clean up and reseal.

Heating controls, no just need to undo the two screws for the radio bit then lift that off, then the other torx undo under that and the controls pull out at a slight angle, just swap them for other set.

Fan is under scuttle panel, i had to replace my fan, just went to a scrappy and got one, cost me £5. Its a big unit so you need to take the whole two piece plastic panel off and slide it out and in. two bolts hold this fan in.

f**ked ph1 172

ok biggie

next

Oil pressure is on the back of the block under the exhaust manifold. nearest the driver side. through the drivers arch to reach it.

next

next

it'll usually be the fan wiring

Thanks

Chav Rocket
is the rheostat the heater resistor? also RE the oil pressure sender is is just a single wire with a female spade terminal? i can see the cable dangling but not where it goes, need to jack it up.

Thanks

f**ked ph1 172
usually the connector by the fan not the rheostat.

yes thats it. have a feel around you'll find it.

ValverInBits
ok biggie
sunroof leaks there is a spare in the boot how do i know that one is watertight? how do i go about changing it - get on WC.co.uk and read the guide. It's brilliant

next
oil pressure gauge not working, someone said the sender is by the dipstick i believe - is that likely to be the problem? could well be, check the connection, then change the sender.

next
pass
next
interior fan doesnt come on, checked 20a fuse onboard and its fine..any ideas? this is nearly always the "resistor pack". Which is in the blower itself. Go to a scrappy, pick up a new blower, and fit it. May need to remove some wiper mech but it's not too taxing.

thats it for now. please someone help me! helped :approve:

Thanks Your thanks in writing to......