ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lost :(

Well after much p1ssing about with lowering and raising the torsion bar i have lost my locking wheel nut thingy! What do i do? Ive heard of people chistleing them off but the bolts are at least an inch in to the alloys? All ideas more than welcome.

Dont know what make the nuts are but they have three prongs in a triangular design (if that makes scense)

Jase

clio v6

you are in the sh#t mate... we come across this all the time.

there are special tools... some work some dont..

Mondeo ST TDci

worst comes to worst you can weld a bit of steel onto it then thatwill help get em off.

not done it myself, just know some1 that had it done.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 05 April 2005

If you cant get something then I think the only thing you can do is drill em off m8...

Chris

Fook me id be there till xmas 2006, im kind of thinking along the lines of trying to get someone to fab me one? Its just the fact that they are made with such precision!

Not a happy bunny, best get a spare can of tyre foam for now!

Thanks

Jase

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 05 April 2005

you are in the sh#t mate... we come across this all the time.

there are special tools... some work some dont..

Any links numbers etc to try?

Jase

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

I once managed to hammer a socket(smaller size than u wud usually use) over the nut....depends which style of locker u got I guess.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

They do it in a garage near me in about 10 secs! lol

f**k knows how though!

Yuo need a locking wheel nut remover, it is a socket set which grips (after force onto nut) then it very slowly moves. I had this on my present wheels, found the nut in my door couple of months later.

fat 182

go buy a thing caled an eazyout

drill through the middle about half way

put the eazyout in and unsrcrew it

dead easy :D

That happened to my mates golf, We got a flat when on a camping hol

The AA came out and got the bolt off no trouble, but that was only 1 wheel!.

X 200+ cup, now focus RS

Quote: Originally posted by Tucks on 05 April 2005

I once managed to hammer a socket(smaller size than u wud usually use) over the nut....depends which style of locker u got I guess.

it does work....